Senior Loan Officer
Senior Credit/Loan Officer
Digital First MicroFinance Institution
Aropsaid Limited is launching a digital first microfinance institution and wishes to hire a Senior Credit/Loan Officer to facilitate lending to our clients. With 4 – 8 years experience it is crucial that the Officer has a progressive ‘technology first’ approach to micro lending while having a deep understanding of the underlying lending process, to support development of a small but rapidly growing organisation.
- Digital onboarding of new clients including gathering of financial data and documentation;
- Analyze risks and support decision making for approval or rejection of loan requests;
- Understand and calculate financial ratios (e.g. credit scores and interest rates);
- Actively support the development of internal credit scoring models and the technology underpinning it;
- Make independent credit decisions as a senior member of the loan management staff, with an understanding of the organisation’s business model, risk and industry environment;
- Be accountable for credit monitoring of the firm’s portfolio of clients including watchlist detection
- Contact borrowers who fail to make their loan payments on time and work with borrowers to help them find a way to keep paying off the loan;
- Manage defaulted loans and loan/collateral recovery process;
- Be responsible independently and manage a team with responsibility for portfolios of clients;
- Training and onboarding of new staff and management of teams;
- Play an active decision making role on the internal Credit Committee;
- Perform ongoing independent risk evaluation of the operating environment;
- Active support in developing digital lending technologies/infrastructure and loan products;
- Perform regular data quality control tests to ensure system integrity;
- Active and ongoing monitoring and development of internal systems and processes to ensure that credit management functions comply with internal and regulatory requirements;
- Engage in business development through engagement of third parties where required;
- Support reporting and monitoring to organisational stakeholders.
- Proven work experience as a Credit Loan Officer: 4 – 8 years minimum;
- Hands-on similar experience with lending procedures and products in a microfinance institution;
- Experience in building, developing and managing loan management teams in comparable institutions;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong technology acumen and ability to work within a progressive organisation underpinned by technology.
- Ability to work under pressure independently and alongside COO and CEO.
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Management or related field.
- Clean Certificate of Police Clearance check.
- x3 professional references should be available on request.
- Salary expectations should be indicated as part of the application process.
The Advertisement of this Job is now Closed
Please keep tabs for future opportunities with Digital Oasis Ltd or Aropsaid.